WHY SHOULD YOU COME TO THIS WORKSHOP?
Numbers is the language of business and if you can’t speak the language, your chances of success are diminished. SME businesses typically make decisions made on gut feel. They tend not to make numbers-based decisions…because they don’t have the numbers available to them! Once you have a decent understanding of the critical numbers you can make much more informed decisions and you’ll feel much more in control.
This workshop aims to give you that sense of control.
As the Owner or General Manager of an SME business you’re likely to wear a number of hats – Sales, Marketing, Operations, Finance to name the critical few! And Finance (or should we say, the Numbers of the business) is an area in which many business people feel out of their depth and so avoid it! More businesses go bust because of a lack of knowledge in this area than for any other reason, and ignoring it is as crazy as flying a plane at night with no instruments.
Once you know the basics, your numbers can be used to measure performance, motivate staff, make decisions about the business and attract investors.
One of the foundation stones we lay down when we work with clients is Financial Mastery – Knowing the critical numbers of the business and in this workshop we’ll share with you the key things you’ll need to know (and do) to have a sense of control and confidence.
It’s not an accountancy workshop (because we’re not accountants!). This is a practical workshop for busy business owners.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
If you are an Edinburgh-based Business Owner and in your heart of hearts you know you’ve been avoiding getting a grip on your numbers then this event is just for you!
- You may be abdicating the financial side of things to your accountant or book keeper
- You gauge your business performance based on whatever cash is in the bank
- You aren’t managing your team effectively because they haven’t been given specific outcomes to deliver
- You may be fretting over whether to recruit that next employee or to make a marketing investment
- You don’t have a marketing plan because to you “marketing is a cost”
If you found yourself nodding at any of the above then this event will be of value to you.
Taking another angle, you may actually have good ‘Numbers discipline’ in your business. If so, well done. You’ll probably score quite well in 1 of the 8 critical factors in Building the Value of Your Business. If you are interested in knowing what the other 7 factors are so that you can maximise the reward as and when you come to sell then get in touch!
WHAT DO WE COVER?
During this 2 hour interactive workshop, we will take you through:
- taking a ‘bird’s eye view’ of your business to see the constituent parts and how they interact
- giving yourself the ability to make conscious and considered decisionsabout your business
- understanding the 5 critical numbersthat drive your profit
- creating a robust cashflow forecast that allows you to scenario plan and drive your marketing activity
- creating your very own company dashboard with your key measures of success
- setting meaningful Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for your functions and/or team members
At the end of the workshop, we guarantee that you will feel much more confident about your numbers!
WHO IS ACTIONCOACH?
We are the largest business coaching and training organisation in the World. ActionCOACH help thousands of businesses of all shapes and sizes to grow and provide a better life for those that work in them. We work with businesses who want to grow and see the value in investing in themselves to achieve their goals quicker and easier than they could on their own.
WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?
Attending this workshop could be the first step to the success you desire, so book your place now!